Wednesday, November 23, 2011

GRILL IT SO I KNOW ITS REAL





This appeals to me simply because I am trying to lose weight.
And everything is supposed to be grilled- not deep fried.
Or so they say.

So you can imagine how elated i was when i found, no heard. No discovered that my friend would be grilling at his cook out.

I definitely know how real it is.



Ideally that mini rant/muse should have come after this but- whatevz

My friend ( NO famzing here) Chef fregz, is having a cook out.




AT the centrally located GETz arena. ( its enroute palms shopping mall and basically shares a back door with 4 points. Although if you don’t know it, i advise you to use GPS. Or better still ask the Okada Men around)

Starts at 11am till late (aka when your friends you came with have to roll you home because you have over stuffed your face with delicious delicacies from the maestro himself)

And here is the menu

*insert insanely loud drum roll here*

THE ZOE BURGER
Grilled Turkey flesh glazed with a spicy BBQ Glaze, Red Pepper Relish, Russian-Style Dressing, Lettuce Pickles, Sauteed Cabbage nested between freshly toasted brioche buns
Come with fries and dipping sauce
#2000

GRILL IT... SO I KNOW IT REAL
A Juicy T Bone Steak grilled and lightly Briased in a Yellow-Chilli Gravy served with Herb Rustic Potatoes, Cabbage and Green Beans
#3000

CAJUN ISLANDER
Butter milk Marinated Jumbo Prawns, crusted with spicy herb-breadcrumbs. Served with a Relish, Vegetable Pilaf. Or Fries

#3500

TRULY MADLY DEEPLY
A Luxurious French Toast. Brioche Bread soaked in a Homemade custard, toasted on both sides in butter, served with whipped cream, chocolate Sprinkles and Chocolate sauce.
#1000



Each meal except the Dessert comes with a free drink


Gbubemi Fregene: Ur the VERY first person to see this


You see that last line there? It’s an excerpt of our conversation, at 1.23am.
Yup that is me subtly name dropping. Or whatever it is.


So if you want a burger, or dessert ( I KNOW I’m having one because I have been so good to the gym this week) or a steak( YUP, I’m def having one too) , or a delish prawn meal.
You should be there.

OH what’s that? You that don’t want to eat?
Good. How about you buy a meal for that girl you have been trying to set P with for ages a loved one.

OH yeah, he didn’t forget, there would be take away available.

So I see no reason why you won’t be there.


Thirsty girls- there are free drinks with every meal. You should come too.

(Asides the desert obviously- he is being kind to your waist line- be thankful)

So I Know it’s real because i shall be having steak and desert on Saturday afternoon with my gorge kinky braids AND in an Ankara dress. Probably trying to cure a hangover or nursing one.


And if all these reasons aren’t good enough for you to come, you should ask someone who is coming to buy you take away.
(But you should come, they might just eat up your order and lie that it finished- I definitely would).

No comments:

H is for what? H is for HOLIDAY

 In the most random stroke of luck ( which is very on brand for me because I am the luckiest girl in the world); Im going on holiday! Which ...