Saturday, September 10, 2011

Thankful

i have too much to be thankful for.

i didn't grow up rich. i grew up well below comfortable.

when my parents split. my mother was a house wife, unemployed with 3 kids to look after.

only the lord in heaven could have looked after us. and he did.

he truly looks after his own.

today or rather last week, i had 2 sort out clothes to give out. because i own too many clothes.

i remember when we did not have enough clothes.

there is just so much to be thankful for.


there is this yoruba saying- that someone would take away your mat, not knowing that god is bringing you a rug.

off course my yoruba is poor.

as at last week, i decided to not buy anything i do not need.

luckily for me im not a buyer, but i even need to stop taking stuff from people i dont need.

and i need to be a giver as well.

im adding this to my new years resolution this year.

i mean i have suitcases of stuff i havent even worn.

this is not who i am.


No comments:

Annoyed

 Todays annoyance is that I found a great deal on Delta airlines ( and I had just enough miles - say 8k) and I needed 9k. So I checked my ma...