Monday, July 9, 2012

Cravings

While Mr Lover and I kicked off his birthday with some birthday S......oup.
No literally- We had sweet corn chicken soup at two am from that wretched mosquito infested prime chinese.

#sidebar : Prime chinese is the most wretched wretched wretched restaurant in the whole of lagos- However if you are unfortunate like me to crave chicken corn soup at 2am- Prime Chinese is the spot for you.

So after soup we slept off but only after the tennis match ended.

Birthday day, Birthday boy and I headed out to Cafe Royal for breakfast in pyjamas and rubber slippers.

after which we went to Lagos Island market to pick up a few things.

#sidebar : My mother called him when we were at the market. And later complained that I was a bad girl for taking him to the market on  his birthday. and I'm like- Mother please. 

Went to get the food, and small chops and had to go home to shower and get ready for the party.
8pm I show up with my home girl Oyinkan and everyone is like- where have you been?

We have been waiting for you- yada yada yada. long story short- It was an amazing night. People came over to show love- and there was food.

Does it get better than that? Yes

Mr and Mrs Black ( who are becoming my most favourite couple in the world) bought the lover this delish Ice-cream cake from chocolate royale.

Purrfect Purrfect day I tell you.

Whats even more perfect? the fact that he was happy.

This even further gives weight to my conclusion that men lie.

Subconsciously sef.

The Lover was always saying- Oh I dont want anything for my birthday, Dont buy me any present,
dont get food, no small chops. LIARRRRRRRRRRRR

Because he did not tell me not to get the rice & he sure as hell did not say Oh you know what?

Forget about this small chops.

He freaking bought glasses and cups for his party.

If I didn't know better, I'd say he was bi-polar.

LOL. but thats that. Party over. and back to regular scheduled programming.

A month ago while I was stuck in my rut, my friend got attacked my robbers

and I did not go to see him.- Which was a pretty horrible thing to do.

But I was just so overwhelmed. Anyway I still feel so horrible about it. I have no idea if I will ever go

past doing stuff like that.

I'm a pretty decent friend so I hate when I fall short.

Something else happened to me this last month- You have no friends when it comes to money.

All you need to do to find out who will be there for you is to utter the words- I'm broke, and people will scramble faster than * insert fast metaphor here*

I was hurt. to say the least. And I'm one of those people that always looks out for my friends

so imagine my shock when no one could "borrow" me money.

Its a horrible way to find out all the sayings about money and friends/people are just sayings

they are actually true.

I even asked someone I speak to and the person said" If you cant explain to me what you want the money for, then I can not give it to you"

and I'm like really? Would you like me to draw up a 5year plan with that explanation of what I want the money for?


Anyways I'm past that now. I needed the money to start a business from one of my hobbies - Zobo making, I wanted to buy off some sealing machine from someone who used to be in the business as well as other accessoriesUnfortunately, I wanted to do this in the very month of the lovers birthday- And your's truly did not save.


But I'm past that now. I did not buy the machine and I would not be turning my hobby into a business on the side-  at least not yet.


I'm Craving sweet corn soup. I need to learn how to make it and save myself all the money I spend trying to sate my craving.





No comments:

Life Lately featuring The Alchemist

 I did a re-read of the alchemist and I was reminded why that is probably my best book in the whole wide world. Every time I read that book,...