Sunday, March 3, 2013

2 Months

Its been two months since I left home.

Am I still home sick? Always.

Its cold and drab and yada yada yada yada yada.... I am getting tired of sounding like a complaint box.

But you know what? I'm here now.

So I will be here.

In the last two months- I have met people, some nice. some mean. But hey- its the same in Lagos.

Infact dare I say- the people here are nicer than in Lagos.

The check out people at the counter smile at you, ask you if you need a bag etc etc etc.

Since it is such a small town I walk everywhere, and I like it.

At the risk of sounding like a JJC- being so exposed to a different life here has really "changed me"

well not change but I am indifferent to a lot of things. I keep asking myself- would this matter in one year?

If no. I would not bother getting investing emotions or energy into it.

This relates to everything- meeting people, ordering food, contemplating taking a cab, actually taking a cab.

And life has seemingly become easy for me.

seemingly because I do not know the word to use for this 180 degree turn.

My friend said to me the other day- your life is so perfect. I find myself secretly hoping something bad happens to you.

LOL who says shit like that?


I can not deny God's blessings in my life- I have amazing people around me who I love and love me in return, and I am at a good place in my life.

Like I cant explain it.

Maybe this is what he means by my life being perfect. Then maybe he is right- My life is pretty perfect.

ALSO- I am two shades lighter, probably from all the lack of sun in this city. I am not sure how I feel about it yet.

:) :) :)

This week before anyone of you decides to start wasting time worrying, remember Luke 12:25-26.

Have a good week guys!

Ps: I have something I am dying to share here but I have no idea if it is appropriate or not! *squeal*

No comments:

Life Lately featuring The Alchemist

 I did a re-read of the alchemist and I was reminded why that is probably my best book in the whole wide world. Every time I read that book,...