Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I am not here, I did not die

This morning my friend sent me a direct message as reply to a question I asked her late last night.

Her response was " Thanks dear, He is dead"

I woke up to that message and started shaking literally.

I frantically SOS'd my Lover and he called me

I started crying. I have been under a lot of strain emotionally these last weeks

But this broke me. He told me to calm down and pray for her. Her mother and Family.

And as I walked to my exam hall, I said more than a prayer for her and her family,

I blessed God, because he is the one who gives life and he is the one who takes it.

Truly we are nothing but pencil in the hand of the creator.

Because I can not be there with my friend, or send her flowers or hug her and stroke her hair and tell her it will be okay, because it WILL be.

I will pray for her. repeatedly- That she finds peace in this time, Wisdom to handle what lies ahead and strength and grace for her to be strong for her family.

I will pray that she stops crying, that even though they say time heals all wounds the balm of Gilead will take away her pain.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,

I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night. 
Do not stand at my grave and cry, 
I am not there; I did not die. 


May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
RIP Daddy King.

No comments:

H is for what? H is for HOLIDAY

 In the most random stroke of luck ( which is very on brand for me because I am the luckiest girl in the world); Im going on holiday! Which ...