Wednesday, June 27, 2012

RIP Jean L

While I was on holiday last month- I met the most amazing people in my firm.
Because I work in a global , and we had been integrated, We had a retreat- Hence my make shift all expense paid holiday.

It was amazing, and I met a lot of people, including Jean.

Jean was the major facilitator, as well as Ginger man. That's what Ori and I called him- Ginger.

Jean was the epitome of enthusiasm, positive energy, and partying.

While we weren't particularly close- We had a number of run ins. He gave me my price and said hey at the gala.

So yesterday when I got the email that he was dead.

I screamed. as tears welled up in my eyes, I called my co-workers to come and see.
Aprils fool maybe? In June?

How can Jean at 28- Be dead?

Stunned can not describe how I felt. I was numb.

So I messaged Ori- She could not believe.

I still can not believe.

I spoke to Zinhle today- No one seems to know how he died.

The firm is not divulging any more details.

I messaged Claudia today- They were close, she must be devastated.

How can death come for someone so full of life?

Someone who had so much to live for. Who was undoubtedly going to make partner soon enough.

- Senior Manager at 28 is not beans.
How can death then decide that is who he wants.

Death is too cruel, even more so when he takes someone so young.

So unexpectedly. In a manner that seems so unfair.

Yes everyone will die someday- But why was his someday yesterday?

In memory of Jean L- You will forever live in our memories.

No comments:

H is for what? H is for HOLIDAY

 In the most random stroke of luck ( which is very on brand for me because I am the luckiest girl in the world); Im going on holiday! Which ...