Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Things that make you happy

 I love Fur Elise.

Today I found about a rapper D smoke, absolutely handsome in the hood way that black American rappers are. Anyway he is in Lagos, but that isn't what made/ makes me happy. I'm scrolling through his Instagram because its 2021 and that is what you do when you are mildly intrigued by a man in 2021.

Check his IG. 

So I'm scrolling his IG and he has a post where with the most beautifully manicured hands is playing a piece of classic music.

The caption endears me to him, but him playing the piano makes me happy.

I love Fur Elise for a lot of reasons, It is the sound that I associate with what is the Nigerian equivalent of the ice-cream truck, and fancy door bells in middle class homes.

And when I say associate, I mean it is the sound the truck played. 

And that is sound that you heard when you pressed the fancy door bells instead of the regular shrill ringing sound that irritates your friends mom, when out of excitement you leaned on the doorbell a little too long, because it's 4pm and you need your friend to come out and play.

It is also the piece of music at the end of my classical music piano book and I can not wait till I get there, I am currently at Tallis' canon.

And today what makes me even more happy, it is the piece Anastasia* was playing when she got arrested.





* She is Alexei Navalny's associate. and he is the crazy guy who the KGB tried to kill, who exiled himself to Germany and then came back and is now arrested.

No comments:

H is for what? H is for HOLIDAY

 In the most random stroke of luck ( which is very on brand for me because I am the luckiest girl in the world); Im going on holiday! Which ...