Friday, January 27, 2012

The Buj

If you follow me on twitter, perhaps you shouldnt bother reading this.

i pretty much tweeted the whole experience- This was by far the funnest (  i know that isnt a word) work trip i took.

2012, is the year of work hard, play harder- till you burn out.
not like i wish anyone to burn out or anything, im just saying.

So i got into Lagos yesterday, after my flight was delayed an HOUR!!
and I was soooo mad. I almost burst into tears.

Air Nigeria is probably the shittiest airline ever, fast forward to 2 hours later, I finally landed in Lagos.

Also thier planes are the dirtiest i have ever entered in Nigeria. too poor AN, too poor.

So after my ordeal, i landed Lagos and made three stops.

One - Pastry shop. Ohlala in GRA Ikeja is amazing. they make amazing cakes.
Two- Saloon. Yinka Boy at XnB's has been making my hair for me since maybe my 200 level. If anyone needs hook ups hola.( and yes i go all the way to Yaba to make my hair- Ikoyi salons are shit)
Three- The Lovers office. I made him wait for me, instead of going to his house(which turned out to be silly), because I didnt want to drive all the way, Plus I like his office, the people there are always soo nice to me.

silly because i just had my hair and nails did.

so basically i ended up with smudged nails, and bed hair.

We ended up staying there till 10pm.  I never realise how much I miss him when I'm away until I actually see him. It always always always hits me so hard.
my head is like - you were gone for a week. my body is like - a week is too damn long.

and my heart- urgh that one doesnt even send. it and my stomach literally transform to butterflies.

I hate it and Love it.


LOL. enough of that.

By the way i need to give a shout to my Girlies Uloh aka lafia's finest.

she works in nassarawa, but came in twice to hang with me.

Ak, who came in from Uyo and Lolly- who well came to the buj to get the D. but all in all, great great company.

Loved it.

Sometimes, Mornings like this, I am content.
Like i have it all, Amazing Lover, Amazing friends.
Almost perfect job.
2 pack abs.

and mornings like this i am happy.

so with my neon pink painted nails racing across the keyboard as i type this, i know i am happy.

and im glad.

Abuja also introduced me to Tiwa- struggle- savage's latest single.

because i honestly think she is a shit singer, i dont take anything she churns out seriously.

However this song is such a feel good P- setting song. I love it.

its been on repeat since forever, I might just understand the obsession the Lover has with her.

she still reeks of struggle tho.

Although i am at work today, with a banging headache ( resulting from fixing a weave and then proceeding to see the lover without popping Tylenol or Paracetamol 500mg) and maybe listening to wande coals shawty go low with earphones.


I am smiling.

Because I am home.

I Love Lagos.

Awa t' Eko.

and my Yoruba is getting better, probably as a result of work people, afmag yoruba, and following Leke and Itunu on twitter.

No comments:

Life Lately featuring The Alchemist

 I did a re-read of the alchemist and I was reminded why that is probably my best book in the whole wide world. Every time I read that book,...