Thursday, March 22, 2018

Older people are so honest.
Between them and children I wonder which set is most honest.

Yesterday at my aunt's party one of my other aunt's older friends, saw me and said " oh you look so lovely, why didn't you come with your husband?"

And I'm like, Oh we aren't together anymore.

And she says " ah thats Good, I didn't like him much" - which is a general sentiment, but this is what threw me off, then she says " Ah God has answered your mother's prayer".

My mum is out of town but she needs to come and explain why me getting separated is an answer to a prayer she had been praying.

Also this older woman just continued, having a conversation; then she paused when she saw how stunned I was, and said oh don't be sad; my second daughter is happily remarried and now has twins.
Then she goes ahead to invite me to her birthday party upper weekend.

On my way to the party; my cousin joined me and we went to the to get dressed together.
In traffic my cousin looks at me and asks me" How did you get over your estranged ex husband"
I'm like Huh?
She said " You are so genuinely happy and living your life, I'm struggling to move on from my Ex and It's so difficult"
Me: I dunno. It's God I guess
Her: shut up, you don't even go to church.
Me: LOL, maybe time

Lots of people keep asking me IF, I did any particular thing to get over Eros.
I didn't.
I think what happened was that I had exhausted all the possible avenues to make it work and I honestly know that ( yes I know God can do anything); but that this was something even God wasn't interested in working out.
Simply put- Nothing could be done. So I guess it was somewhat easier to move on with my life.
Coupled with his delightful (now ex) girlfriend who reached out to have lunch with me.
Yeah that ship that sailed never to return.
So I told my cousin to pray. because I think that is always a good answer for these type of questions.
She called me out though, she said " I know you didn't pray"


Earlier in the day, I was at the hospital, and ran into my uncle, who said, ah you look so beautiful. Fastforward to later in the evening at the party, I bumped into him, with my full face beat and my hair held back and my stunning( No really I looked TAKE AWAY) dress; he says to me I don't like how you look. You looked so much better earlier today.
Me: Good thing you don't wear make up then.
Him: I'm joking you look lovely. Me: oh I know.
Please go and give your wife grief. Leave me alone.

As an aside, feels like most of my friends are struggling with the fact that 1- I have these exams
and 2- I'm not playing about the exams and so there for 3- I am unavailable.

I am so unavailable, I have people thinking I have a new man.
Please guys.
ya girl is single like a solitary grain of rice. Singleeee.

That being said I think I have a mini to do before 30 list.
Like 3 things.
Threw the old one away.
But this one is so "strange" I love it.


1 comment:

mizchif said...

New layout!

Please come and tell me about this list.

Annoyed

 Todays annoyance is that I found a great deal on Delta airlines ( and I had just enough miles - say 8k) and I needed 9k. So I checked my ma...