Friday, March 16, 2018

On first dates

So quick background story

Yesterday I was in traffic tryna meet my girls 1pm dress fitting appointment because 1- I did not want to be late and 2- I did not want to be late and 3- I really wanted to be on time.

So here I am in traffic trying not to be late listening to music having a blast when I see someone either trying to enter the front of my car or something. I'm like whatever. I'm on the bonny camp bridge.

Fastforward to 5 minutes later I'm at the Onikan link road to Igbosere ( where the dress maker is) WHEN. this car parks infront of me and flags me down.

Now I'm slightly confused, It's HOT AF and I'm being stopped in the middle of the road, so I swerve Lagos style and the driver comes down. So I wind down my front passenger window and I'm like " yes?, can I help you?"

And he is like okay I don't think you can park here,
and I'm like yeah so did you want something?
And he says " Oh I just wanted to say hello and get your name"

And it occurs to me that this young man has just pulled me over, illegally parked his car, walked to my car in the sun to get my phone number.

As an aside: I looked a right mess yesterday. Like I don't even think I had my brows drawn on

I was bemused.

Anyway my bemused self said to him, oh thats why you came all the way?, I laughed pulled out one of my complimentary cards and said please send me a text I have somewhere I have to be. and drove off.

I was 5 minutes late to the meeting but the bride was 30 minutes late. I was actually the first person to get there. LOL.

So I tell everyone and they are like - does this still happen in Lagos?
and WHY ALWAYS YOU.

I swear I have no idea.

Anyway so this morning at 8am there are two missed calls on my phone. My lil boyfriend had called me.

I didn't know at the time, so I think it's someone who I'm supposed to meet with but I'm like can I call you back.

Which I do and he asks if I'm free today because he is free from 12 and would love to see me.

I'm thrown off because I'm like two things - one it's lent and two, I've given up men in 2018.

Anyway I'm talking to Yorubae, about how I wan't to cancel and vanish, and he is like but you had a good week so you should treat yourself.

So I say let me think about this and get back to you at 1pm. its 2pm I'm here writing this instead.

I have no idea what to do, usually people just say - do you wanna go see a movie, have lunch, grab a drink etc etc. but I never get to choose so when I said I'll get back to you I kinda meant like I'm never getting back to you.

If we had parks now shey I would have said we should go and sit there and chatted for a bit. Now none of that in lagos, so my options is to take him to one of my favorite lowkey resturants AND OR take him foundation swatching for me.

Beloved these are my first date choices.

Actually I can always just go see Gringo at silverbird with him but abeg.

I'm a clapper. at the movies.

So I think I'll just cancel.

No comments:

H is for what? H is for HOLIDAY

 In the most random stroke of luck ( which is very on brand for me because I am the luckiest girl in the world); Im going on holiday! Which ...