Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Happy Dust

So many amazing things happening to me this year.

But first last year

January: I went back to school late ( I swear I came to Nigeria every chance I got!), anyways I finished up my dissertation and was mad stressed. Finalized plans for Miami

February: Submitted my dissertation and went to London and Coventry. And Houston .

March: MIAMI. Also stopped drinking alcohol- side bar Mya the stripper who took all my ones at King of Diamonds- I have you to partially blame for this. Came back to Nigeria

April: Started work ( urgh) went to Abuja. Fell in love with having a job.

May: Went back to Abuja-Also found out I was graduating with a Distinction. Booyah!

June: Went to Greece for the weekend that Absolutely changed my life- HELLO BABY GIRL!. Graduated; my mother was soo proud; I might have burst from Joy. Also- Mummy's birthday was a day before my graduation. Grand ma turned 80

July:Came back to work. Started falling out of Love with my job. Underwent my hardest client yet. rose from the ashes like a phoenix. Hosted a really really really intimate dinner at oriental. Ps: The views from the presidential suites are AHMAZING.

August: Fell into a job rut. Work kicked my ass so badly. Had a sever case of wanderlust. had a really nice public holiday

September: Went to abuja on an all expense paid holiday for the week. I also stayed at a really nice hotel ( was super loney in my hotel room); But I loved the experience. My sister turned a year older; she went to dxb for her birthday ( after much pushing from me) and now I am dying of envy.

October: Went back to Lagos then came to abuja for work. My uncle got married. Everyone had given up; we were all really excited.

November: Came to Abuja again for work. Delayed the trip for a week for my birthday! I turned 26 and the year looked really good thus far. I was really happy as I  received most of what I wanted for my birthday. :) Went to Warri for that wedding I spoke about in October. I also moved house- finally have my own room; although my sister is still constantly stealing from me.

December: Worked in Lagos. Which the driving took a toll on me. All the way from Chevron drive to aswani daily. Struggle life ( previously I lived and worked in Ikoyi); Mummy remarried. Had a lavish 80th for my grandma. Did my camo nails; and they were beautiful.


In 2014- I was happy. Looking back- really happy. I know how they say the brain is a depreciating organ but I actually can not get over how happy I am.

I have wonderful people in my life. Men who make me laugh hard; Women who make me abandon my goals to stop gossiping; Parental units who looked out for me.

So thankful.
Looking back at 2014 has me so damn thankful.

2013 was an emotionally difficult year for me so in 2014 I threw myself into general betterment and making a concious effort to be happy.

2015 however is trying to drown me in Gods favor.

Its so scary and wonderful at the same time. Would tell you about it l8r.


No comments:

Annoyed

 Todays annoyance is that I found a great deal on Delta airlines ( and I had just enough miles - say 8k) and I needed 9k. So I checked my ma...