Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Good God.

b-ismi-llāhi r-raḥmāni r-raḥīmi

In the Name of Allah, the most merciful, the most Beneficent.

Merciful: adj: To show mercy. To be compassionate.

Mercy:
1Compassionate treatment, especially of those under one's power; clemency.
2. A disposition to be kind and forgiving: a heart full of mercy. 
3. Something for which to be thankful; a blessing: It was a mercy that no one was hurt.
4. Alleviation of distress; relief

Beneficent: adj:  Characterized by or performing acts of kindness or charity. 
Doing good or causing good to be done 
Generous or doing good.
Resulting in good.

Al-rahmani Al rahim.

Has become one of my favorite phrases.

I do not know much about Islam, but during ramadan, I took time out to search out the meaning of that phrase.

And I fell in love with it.

The Muslims say every prayer in the name of a God, who is merciful and compassionate to the children under him and a God who always causes good to be done.

I find it intricately beautiful.

That even though I am unworthy, the God I pray to is making sure everything is good for me- the most

I totally understand why the Muslims take prayer, seriously.

Because I would if I knew the person I was asking for anything is my corner the most, I would be talking to him all the time.

Bismillah Al'Rahman Al'Rahim

No comments:

H is for what? H is for HOLIDAY

 In the most random stroke of luck ( which is very on brand for me because I am the luckiest girl in the world); Im going on holiday! Which ...