Friday, August 5, 2011

The power of Music.

I've always had this love for music, I believe it has powers. It's all about finding and playing the right song at the right time. Sometimes your shuffle does the magic, other times you are forced to figure it out on your own.
I've known this song (almost) all my life but hearing it that day gave me this inner peace. I felt like the burden I had been carrying was taken from me. I felt sudden relief.
The past year was a crazy one, my sister left, I had endless tests, I had to watch 2 people I love slowly recover from life threatening illnesses, I had to retake an exam that determined the next one year of my life and with all these I was struggling with my emotions and spirituality.
I've always felt a problem shared (with the right person) is a problem half solved so I tried talking to my friends but it seemed like no one could give me a lasting solution, not because they didn't want to but they couldn't figure out what exactly was wrong. I couldn't even figure it out myself. All I knew was the mood swings and tears were endless. Behind d smiles was fear, uncertainty, emptiness. A few times I wanted to pray then I realized I didn't know how. Im sure you are thinking how hard can it be but whenever I tried, my weaknesses were brought before me. I didn't feel worthy to talk to God, I wasn't worthy.
So there I was, sitting in one of my 'I can't remember the exact mood it was this time' and then the song came up. As I sang along I suddenly remembered I had someone all along, someone who knew everything about me, he knew exactly how i felt, he knows me more than I know myself. He knew what I was going through even if I wasn't sure exactly what it was. I had him as a friend, he had been waiting all this time for me to call him. Just when I wanted to call, my weaknesses again were brought before me, then the word came "in my weakness he is made strong". I realized I didn't have to be strong on my own. His strength was available for me. I didn't even have to say much, he could see right into my heart, right behind the tears he knew how much I was hurting, how empty I felt. Then came the assurance. He told me everything will be alright, he had it under control. He that started a good work in my life promised to bring it to a perfect end. Suddenly I felt at peace and since then I got him on my speed dial. What a friend I have in Jesus.


What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sins and griefs to bear
And what a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer

Oh, what peace we often forfeit
Oh, what needless pain we bear
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged
Take it to the Lord in prayer

Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness
Take it to the Lord in prayer








Sent from my iPad
***************************************************************************
My friend Eneni wrote this. i'm sure many of us can relate.

No comments:

H is for what? H is for HOLIDAY

 In the most random stroke of luck ( which is very on brand for me because I am the luckiest girl in the world); Im going on holiday! Which ...