Thursday, January 28, 2010

Invited.

Last night I got invited to drinks. With a couple of ppl I know. Well I met most of them on the social network-ing site called Twitter. And I knew some from back in the day from QC. It was FaB!!!!!!!!
It was a sex and city Meets Cashmere Mafia- esque kinda meet up. Except boys were involved. And no one was wearing manolo's.
It was the Whole works. U know turkey, ketchup and Alcohol.( I like to think they went all out cuz I was coming) There was a lot of mixing in the house. :D. None of which I took part in oooo!!! Cuz I still can't explain why am up at this time and I have no work today. Maybe its cuz my Lover scolded me for Not taking my job seriously.... Which is a lie cuz all I do is go Late. But I take it seriously. Or the alcohol. Which it probably is.
Back to the issue. Well in my mind I was gonna surprise the people there, unknown to me that they had Voted to allow me come. I'm gonna hand it to them tho.. They feigned the surprise quite well when I came in. As every invited guest should.. Or as I always do.. I brought a bottle of Red. Honestly cuz I had owed him one long enough AND I needed self entertainment just incase I didn't have fun. It Turns out I didn't need it. The self entertainment that is. When u have 5 young people and alcohol the conversation tends to vary from Sex to Sex to More Sex and Most sex. Basically. Intellectually stimulating Conversations are left at the gate or Entrance 2 d forest. :) the Venue looked like the Amazon jungle to me. Which is good. Cuz I don't wanna leave work and Then come and still talk about it afterWards.
I also sensed a lot undertones in the conversations. There were sharp side glances I normally won't have Noticed except for the fact that I was the guest and yes so I picked up these things. There were alSo a lot of skipped topics. Maybe its best to let sleeping dogs lie. I also realised how poSsible it is for 2 ppl 2 have a bbm convo while sitting Next ro each other. Is the black berry Really taking over real human communication. If yes the RIM would really have 2 step up their Emoticons. If no then maybe they should have waited and had their conversation in a place where. I won't have felt it Rude. Either Ways, its ur BIS o jare do what u will.
Also realised that when future plans at such meetS are made. 3/4 the time they don't include you. No? Yes. U being the invited guest off course. This may sound strange and all high-skool movie-ish but its true. Don't turn yourself to Mogbo Moya on the issue. I think that's a pretty hard reputation to shake off... From what I gather.
Moving Back 2 the issue. everyone said how husky my voice is. Never really Noticed. Then the ultimate was that I sound like kelis. Guess who is changing her bbm Name to kelis?! Not me. I'm sure someone is tho... :) I'm not gonna even count how many times I got called 'hot' so I won't come across as a boaster. You know how these things are. I also realized how much technology is encroaching into our lives and how blurry the line better Virtual and Real life is getting.

I promised not to get excited about it but since the matter was tabled last night.. Vals day is coming YaaaaaaaY not. I have school that day. But it doesn't matter tho.. For those of you out there Who have Significant others.. U can like to feel free and share the love. Well to the people who need it.
All in all, it was a Fun Night. Its nice to just sit with regular people and have them gawk over how awesome I am. Ok that last line was extremely Delusional. Forgive me. I get like that some times. But really it was a very fun Night.
Now would I go back to that particular gathering again??? Probably Not. If not for anything for fear that I would Ruin other peoples beautiful gathering. And that my Cab back home may fall into 3rd MainLand bridge.( Yes I knoW O, its on the mainland) But most importantly that I would become a regular guest and not be a special guest anyMore. The last is probably the most honest reason. Yes we all are self conscious.I'm just the 2nd to Admit it. The 1st was kanye West. (I think that rhymed) maybe I shud get into the Rap game.


IMO
It is Ok to date your friends ex-boyfriend/ girlfriend. Provided u tell him/her And u brace yourself for the 'I told you so' tongue lashing u'll get When u break-up. Well that's one way to look at it.


HRS
I am the Greatest.
iFloat like a butterFly. iSting like a bee.

#np Change ur Parade. LYnxxx.
(Yes I have the song Now)

4 comments:

justbeingme said...

What can i say? 'you honestly crack me up'..Lol. Now I have something to do?read? when am down n out/depressed/jobless/bored..whatever. Nice one. Keep it coming...

Xabi (in my mind this is my name) said...

LoL!!! O yea...ur "IMO" bit...totally feel you on that! :)

Jack Bloggs said...

Lol! Nice.

I hope you had fun.

People like you inspire me to start blogging again.

Sisem E. Naidem said...

Nice post... Interesting observations. Why does the talk usually end up hovering around sex, I wonder. Hung out with my tweeps too at some point and we couldn't resist tweeting instead of just conversing. And that bit about the special guest just being an ordinary guest next time? So so true!

H is for what? H is for HOLIDAY

 In the most random stroke of luck ( which is very on brand for me because I am the luckiest girl in the world); Im going on holiday! Which ...