Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year !

I want to do a review but at the same time I'm like is there any need?

2017 was a good year. were there highlights? Too many

low places? a few.

But a good lesson I forced myself to learn was focusing on blossoming. Focusing on what was working.

The whole hack of life is not to focus your energies on tearing down the old but in building the new things.

And beloved- I'm keeping that energy in 2018.

I was talking to my friend and she said- yeah no you year, new me?

I said nah.

Yesterday I had lunch with the boy I liked, we had lunch on Friday and it was such a good time.

And surprisingly we saw the wedding party 2 and Jumanji together and it was such a fun outing.

Totally random. and while I was going to lie at home, Sugar baby calls me and invites me to dinner.

It's so nice to see him.

We should always be around people that who make us feel good. and whose company we enjoy.

Anyway at the restaurant where we were the last people to leave, I saw the most beautiful beautiful beautiful way a family enters into the new year.

There was champagne. There was a child running around with sparklers. Mother and Grand mother smoking and talking in their language and it was perfect. I should have taken a photo. When I mentioned it to Sugar baby he said make sure you get all the details so you get around writing about it. It's perfect.

We laugh over that.

And I realize I've spent a lot of 2017 making new friends. reading books I thoroughly enjoy. visiting new cities. lying in the dark listening to albums I enjoy ( this is one of my absolute favorite things in the world)- Maybe I should invest in a super surround sound system.

I toyed with the idea of moving out. Maybe this year I will consolidate this. Maybe.

I have looked forward to 2018 for such a long time because THIRTYYYYY. full fabulous.

offcourse I have travel planssss and they are so big and scary but here is the thing if they aren't big and scary how else will growth happen?

In the way of career. I'm ready to get back into the rat race. I miss audit A LOT. but I will never go back. It's too hard too stressful and the occupational hazard.

I think asides work there is not much I plan to change in 2018.

And I want to face this minimalist life business.

And try out this piano thing again for real.

And make more money.

Oh and starting a business.

I had actually posted how I wasn't changing much because to be honest 2017 was a good year.

And I am so grateful to God for how it all panned out.

For living.
For love
For food
For friendships honorable mention to T who moved back.
For church
For my relationship with God
For my nails

And I am truly thankful.


No comments:

H is for what? H is for HOLIDAY

 In the most random stroke of luck ( which is very on brand for me because I am the luckiest girl in the world); Im going on holiday! Which ...