Friday, March 9, 2012

Gratitude

So today, I remembered how I told myself this year, I would not complain.
But for some amazing reason unknown to me,
I have had ( or so I think) I have had reasons to complain.
From unreasonable deadlines.
To undue workplace pressure
To lord knows what else.

However today. It ends.

So Mr Devil try as you may. This girl is done complaining.

I am going to be thankful. thank you very much.

Why?

Because everything is working out in my favour.

Hard work, that has failed to kill me these past three weeks - have made me stronger

and sharpened my excel/computer skills and for this I am thankful.

I told y'all, no more rants/complaining from this end.

Even this wretched Mestrual pain wrecking my uterus right now,

I'm Thankful I am not with child.

Although 2 years from now. I will be thankful for missing periods.

For now I am glad to be seeing them. and I welcome the pain that accompanies it.

Gratitude all day. Everyday.

By the way I got on the band wagon of the ASOIAF. I am currently on the last available book

ASOIAF = The Game of thrones series in Paper.( its actually the book)

And while I'm not big on i-books, or E anything really. Im thankful because lord knows I wont have been able to lug around 5 big books.

Any way, in the book, there is this phenomenon where people can wear the skins of animals.

They are called wargs. Now this is the same phenomenon I read about in Jss2. in a book called " The bottled leopard" Written by a Chukwuemeka Ike( I think)

So this has me wondering.

Do people actually just wake up and enter the bodies of animals- Because they can?

or its the coincidental imagination of two distinct and different authors from across the globe?

while this doesn't keep me up at night.
I have given it a good amount of thought.

While I am insanely homesick. I am thankful for *gag* Abuja.

This weekend or the next I will take a leisure drive around the town and see what it has to offer.

seeing as my stay here has been extended.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankful for being able to write this now.
I'm thankful for the place I'm right know even though it's far from home.

Annoyed

 Todays annoyance is that I found a great deal on Delta airlines ( and I had just enough miles - say 8k) and I needed 9k. So I checked my ma...