Monday, November 13, 2017

Reckless

Went to my friend's brother's wedding on Saturday evening.

No biggie, I'm settling into my seat but then my friend starts to introduce me to everyone else on the table.

First she introduces me to the man to my right- it's her boyfriends friend. I say hey.

Then she introduces me to a girl. who I know, so when she says this is Chioma, I say oh we know each other.

but Chioma tried it. She wanted to be a Lagos girl, so she squinted and said "I don't know you"

And I tell her " Your friend used to fuck my ex husband".

And all of a sudden she knew me.
She spent all night trying to explain away her non involvement in the situation.

Me: I don't care, I'm not judging you. Or her. It is what it is.


Lagos people if we know each other- Stop pretending.
I've stopped.
I'm saying hey. you better say hey back.

Also she is such a Lagos girl she cracked,
if the roles were reversed I'd pretend even harder about not knowing me.

No comments:

Life Lately featuring The Alchemist

 I did a re-read of the alchemist and I was reminded why that is probably my best book in the whole wide world. Every time I read that book,...